Should I remove skirting, coving & picture rail?

For the record & the benefit of any DIY'ers following this thread:

You dont remove woodwork trim for plastering - first fix joinery was traditionally set before any plastering took place, and the skirting and frames would act as datums. Angle beads could be set to frame datums.
Without ready made datums the plasterer would have to waste time setting his own datums (typically dot and plumb).

The (lamb's tongue?) skirting in the pics is a common profile, and the (Georgian?) rail is again a common profile. The ( 6"? ) cove is a basic profile.

Sponsored Links
Impressive, I recognise the tv & sky connections, but what are the other brass connectors please?

Lead,
The brass connectors are "4mm banana plug sockets / screw down bare wire connectors". So the speaker wires from my amplifier go into this, under the floor and to another similar wall plate on the back wall of my room. I then plug my rear speakers into that wall plate using banana plugs. The middle connector is a "phono connector" and that connects to a screened phono wire that also goes to the other wall plate. This is for the unamplified signals for the sub-woofer.
The reason there are so many connectors is because each speaker needs two connectors. In my case I set it up so that the 6 connectors on the left go to my two rear speakers (with one pair spare) and the 6 connectors on the right go to my two speakers in another room (with one pair spare).
SFK

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back