should i wax ,stain or oil parquet floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have spent the last couple of months gutting a room and putting down a reclaimed parquet floor.I used a stretcher bond pattern after discarding the herringbone pattern which on a dry run made the room look smaller and the floor too busy.My main problem had been the unlevel floor but with bags of self levelling and an electric plane its starting to look like time well spent.The plane has revealed alovely clean mohogamy surface which after sanding i will need to seal maybe also stain.I have used a sikkens product before on a bare oak kitchen but want to know whether i should consider other options.I want to be able to see the grain when its finished but am happy for a subtle toning of the natural shade. any suggestions? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
thanks i have found a supplier of osmo hard wax oil .I have also read this wax oil can take three weeks to fully cure but as this will coincide with the family holiday theres no problem .thanks again

Sponsored Links
Curing means more: don't place any rugs on it but wait three weeks. It will normally dry within 24 hours to apply the second coat (Don't wait more than 48 hours to apply second coat or you'll have to sand the floor!)

Have a nice holiday !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back