Show pump connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a shower pump in my airing cupboard on the landing. At the moment there's a switched FCU for an immersion heater (though no immersion is fitted) on a dedicated 2.5T&E radial running back to a 16A MCB on the CU. Is it acceptable to spur off that with 2.5T&E to another switched FCU to supply the pump? I have a memory from somewhere that immersions should be on dedicated circuits - if so, should I just use the existing FCU and forego the option of an immersion in the future?(haven't needed one for the last 5 years!).

Also, while I'm at it the cupboard has a HW cylinder, CH pump & valves and all the usual copper pipework, but no supplementary bonding. Though I don't think the regs stipulate that there should be any, would it be good practice at the same time to bond all the pipework together and back to the earth terminal on the FCU?

Sponsored Links
If there is no immersion then why not use the existing FCU.

Supplementary bonding does not go back to the MET.

An adjacent airing cupboard is acceptable for doing this for the bathroom but remember that the cpcs of any circuits entering the bathroom will need bonding as well

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back