Showe cabin wont turn on still has water though

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved into a new house and it had a shower cabin with a radio, steamer, chair, backwashers, overhead shower and a hand shower
one day it wouldnt turn on and the only thing that works now is the hand shower it can get hot or cold still from the knob in the shower,
its got a console on the inside with buttons none work and no lights come on behind the shower its connected into the wall and i see a small box with a red light and a switch if i press the switch i hear a loud electric snap i have no idea what shower it is it only says MID-1101
Any ideas how to fix this?

Sponsored Links
The shower is different but the control panel is definitaly the same

Any ideas how to fix this?
I think the first thing you should do is to decide if you actually want a radio, steamer, chair, backwashers, overhead shower and a hand knob shower, or if just a normal shower would be fine.

Do you spend money on this, or do you spend it on a replacement?

It sounds as if the plumbing and hot water are all OK, so it might be that this thing is a POS and not worth bothering with if you aren't particularly bothered about having all the bells and whistles.

Maybe what Frodo found isn't your model, but generically it looks like they have a fair number of things to go wrong.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/751951/Steam-Planet-Ma6023.html?page=16#manual

You could try asking on the Plumbing forum - you might get lucky and find someone sensible there.

if i press the switch i hear a loud electric snap
That doesn't sound good - does that noise come from the switch, or from inside the shower unit?

Sponsored Links
When the wet room had a power shower, if the supply tripped it still worked but with no force, the three showers and garage all ran from same RCD and damp in garage was likely reason for tripping, but until tried using one of the all electric showers often we did not realise power had tripped. Be it a fuse or trip I would be looking in that direction, clearly it is not instant electric heated, all the electrics do is run pumps.

When combi boiler was fitted power shower had to go, not legal on a combi boiler, to be frank hardly notice the difference, OK can't wash down the ceiling any more, but who wants to wash down the ceiling in a wet room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back