Shower area advise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

i need some advice. I want to remove the tiles from my shower area and do something other than re-tile it. is there any other suitable water proof materials. In B & Q they showed me some mdf cladding and said all i would need to do is varnish it. is that true? if so whats the best varnish to use because if i could do that, i was thinking of doing some decollage-ish thing on the wood, varnishing it and putting it up

I was also thinking maybe acrylic sheets...

Please help, my bathroom is in need of any overhaul and i have been umming and aaahing for the past year.

Sponsored Links
B+Q advice :LOL: :LOL: Acrylic sheet is the kind of way to go ;) have a google around "shower panels"

Hi everyone,

i need some advice. I want to remove the tiles from my shower area and do something other than re-tile it. is there any other suitable water proof materials. In B & Q they showed me some mdf cladding and said all i would need to do is varnish it. is that true? if so whats the best varnish to use because if i could do that, i was thinking of doing some decollage-ish thing on the wood, varnishing it and putting it up

I was also thinking maybe acrylic sheets...

Please help, my bathroom is in need of any overhaul and i have been umming and aaahing for the past year.

respotec sheets about £120 a 8ftx4ft board easy to put up all you need is jointing strips a grab adhesive and a few hours :) easy to clean dosnt get dirty like tile grout defo worth the money!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back