Shower bar valve fitting kit - trim?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be possible to trim the outlet pipes in such a way that you could still get a good seal?

When I installed my shower bar valve fitting kit I had to bolt it onto the brickwork using threaded rods because any other way I tried didn't work. Drilling plugs into the brickwork caused them to crumble and I could't think of another way at the time.

Now that the place had been plastered it looks like I've twisted the wall plate and although the outlet pipes are at 90º to the wall, the left is about 3\4" longer than the other. Looks dodgy.

If I chopped off the end and filed it a bit do you think it would still seal against the shower bar washer?

Thanks for any suggestions!

It's one of these...

http://www.screwfix.com/p/h-c-contemporary-bar-valve-fixing-kit-chrome-effect/76919#

Sponsored Links
probably not, as it would be difficult, but not impossible, to cut it square so that you have a true 'flat' to mate with the shower...

It might not seal now that one side is longer than the other. And will look a right sight.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

I think I'll dig it out, loosen one side, and pack it out.

The "staggering error of judgement" was a combination of estimations which could have gone the right way, but being that I'm not a professional, doing this on a budget, and blah blah blah blah blah blah...... :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back