Shower/Bathroom extractor vent

Hi,
The bathroom is now fitted, and the hole drilled in the wall as #11.

It is difficult to get to the external grill to fix it to the wall. What I did was to fit the ducting to the fan. Drop a string down from the loft through the hole through the ducting and tied it to the fan louvers. Built up a flat just inside the grill with adhesive sealer, and allow to dry. Run a bead of adhesive sealer like a horse shoe inside the top of the grill. Pulled the whole thing up from inside the loft, pulled it against the wall with the ducting and tied it to a roof timber, till dry. (It's still stuck there :) )

I understand that it is difficult to switch it from the shower switch, so I'll switch it from the light pull switch. I understand that it should be isolated, so I assume that two isolators are needed, one for power and one for switching. Is this correct?

C.

Sponsored Links
It is difficult to get to the external grill to fix it to the wall. What I did was to fit the ducting to the fan. Drop a string down from the loft through the hole through the ducting and tied it to the fan louvers. Built up a flat just inside the grill with adhesive sealer, and allow to dry. Run a bead of adhesive sealer like a horse shoe inside the top of the grill. Pulled the whole thing up from inside the loft, pulled it against the wall with the ducting and tied it to a roof timber, till dry. (It's still stuck there :) )
(y)

I understand that it is difficult to switch it from the shower switch, so I'll switch it from the light pull switch. I understand that it should be isolated, so I assume that two isolators are needed, one for power and one for switching. Is this correct?
You may like an isolator so that it can be 'isolated' if a fault occurs but it is not essential nor a requirement.
Only one between the light switch and fan is needed.
Another for switching is up to you.

Hi,
NOTE: when tying the grill for pulling it through the wall, make sure the knot this side of the ducting, so you can untie it when fixed;)
C.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back