shower booth with phone radio etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone put together an all singing and dancing shower booth. quoted for and got the job. looked at the install for couple of minutes: its hot and cold to inbuilt mixer and pump with some sort of steam generation device too. Electrics need 4mm c.s.a and 15a. Thing has built in radio and telephone (in a shower who needs it?) no manufacturers name on it. CE all over the place but so what? Got a feeling this will be some ropey spanish / italian trash but poor old customer paid out big time for it. I've got part p and am qualified plumber just wondering if anyone done anything similar : how well do these things go together etc and has anyone got any tips (other than not to turn up)

:oops:

Sponsored Links
As you will know this is zone1 so equipment needs IPX4 rating minimum or SELV or PELV if transformer located outside zones (behind shower enclosure would count).

If you can't find any IP rating you have your excuse to hi tail out of there.

I have a number of jobs people have asked me to quote for I had a loook didn't like the look of it, and if they attached me to a team of horses they might get me back but most unlikely. People should learn to be more conventional.

I blame the telly.

supermario said:
no manufacturers name on it
So who do you contact with technical questions? If the customer can't give you a comprehensive set of instructions and a manufacturer's technical helpline, I wouldn't get involved with such a technically complicated item.

The installation instructions were quite good but only had a look for a minute or two, all the electrics in a sealed unit, wiring diagram shows a transformer but they would wouldn't they! "Simple electrical connection, simple plumbing connections" as you know guys those are words that nearly always proceed a day of aggro! If I bail out on monday chances are some cowboy will try and get it in but I will be looking for the get out clause on Monday.
I too blame the t.v.!!!
phone in the shower- I ASK YOU!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
I`ve got a shower bug radio thats got suction feet and sticks to the tiles. Very easy to fit :LOL:

:evil: This contraption came from tiles r us and was allegdly "hand made" in China. The install was in very tight spot so that made it doubly hard but the damn thing didnt go toghether well. Electrically the thing was sound and it plumbed in ok but 90% of the predrilled holes didnt line up so requyired loads of drilling at strange angles to bolt it toghether. The importers were as much use as ............ but tiles r us were ok and authorised the redrilling without invallidating the guarntee. Moral of the story give the things a wide berth suckers are paying £1700 to £2500 for these things

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back