shower change

well it has managed 7 years without one, i will get a quote from an electrician to install it

thankyou for all the help

Sponsored Links
well it has managed 7 years without one,
I could have spent the last 7 years driving around without wearing a seat-belt and not come to any harm.

i will get a quote from an electrician to install it
She won't do it without installing a separate CU with an RCD or an RCBO in it.

If you plan to have the existing CU replaced at some point you might as well have her put in a large, mostly empty CU - the difference in overall price will not be significant and your investment won't be wasted when it comes to replacing the old one...

Just putting in a new shower myself. 8.5kw. NO RCD on the existing board and no space to put one. 100amp main fuse so putting in a Henley and Splitting tails (25mm) and installing dedicated mini Shower CU and renewing the cable to the shower with 10mm t&e is only 5m away. Gas is bonded but water is not so will do this in 10mm because my supply neutral conductor is less than 35mm.

The extraneous conductive parts in the bathroom are also not bonded but according to the big red book this does not have to be done if see 701.145.2. i, Final circuits in bathroom comply with requirements for automatic disconnection, ii, Final circuits in Bathroom are RCD and iii, the extraneous conductive parts in bathroom are hooked upto the main bonding.

Apart from the fact that this is notifiable is there something that i am missing with regards to the supplementary bonding? Does it have to be done (see above reg) Or do i need to put in 4mm green and yellow around the bathroom (pipes etc) and finishing up in the Isolator Pull cord for the shower?

many thanks
atm

Sponsored Links
hijack.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back