shower cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a triton bewitch shower which as now stared to swich itself off after about 2 mins,then resets itseft.i was wondering if there is a problem with one ov the thermal cut outs and if there is any way of testing them.

Sponsored Links
i guess it is a cut out doing its job, its getting too hot and so cuts out.

what happens if you turn the heat setting down will it run ok for say 5 mins?

if so cut out is probably working as it should and unit is gettung full of limescale

ive just run the shower on a cooler temp but still it cuts out after 2 mins

ive just noticed that the light on the pull cord flickers when the shower stops a light pull on the cord an you can hear it kickin back in cud this be faulty

Sponsored Links
ive just noticed that the light on the pull cord flickers when the shower stops a light pull on the cord an you can hear it kickin back in cud this be faulty

In that case it sounds to me that your switch is indeed faulty, I expect someone on here who has more experience will be able to give a better answer, but that's what it sounds like to me (I am not an electrician)

Stuart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back