Shower enclosure next to bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm getting a new bathroom fitted and having it extended slightly into an old airing cupboard.

I'm hoping to use the extra space for a square shower enclosure but due to space issues it will end up being butted right up against the end of the bath.

Has anyone done this before or experienced any issues? I'm concerned that doing it this way will leave the part of the shower glass that is pressed against the bath inaccessible to be cleaned etc and cause issues in the long run? Any alternatives?

Sponsored Links
Has anyone done this before or experienced any issues? I'm concerned that doing it this way will leave the part of the shower glass that is pressed against the bath inaccessible to be cleaned etc and cause issues in the long run? Any alternatives?

Get some stick on obscuring film to cover the back of the glass, then you will not see the need to clean it.

Or paint it.

Sponsored Links
When someone is soaking in a bath, they tend to have their head over the back edge of the bath. That would mean their head would be resting on the glass. It's ok when the bathroom is large enough to take both happily but I'd avoid 'jamming' things in just for the sake of it.

What have 2 separate? Why not just have a P shaped bath designed to do both?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back