Shower enclosures cheap vs expensive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a new quadrant shower enclosures 900 x 900, I've looked at usual websites online and noticed that the quadrants all tend to look the same (silver frame, door etc) but the prices seem to vary a lot across the brands. I assume the cheap ones are cheap because the fittings etc are cheap, I want something mid range something that will last at least 3-5 years can anyone recommend a decent mid range brand, looking to spend between at £180 - £280 for the enclosure without tray.

thanks

Sponsored Links
I have used 3 of the hydrolux 900mm quadrant showers from plumbworld 164.97. These also come with a slim line tray & waste that for my installations i raised on a wooden frame and then bedded onto cement on top of 18mm ply. Then I used facia board with stainless steel platic nail heads tacked to the frame.

These are in a rented property so not particulary looked after and have stood the test of time well (5 years old). I have had the roller bearings lock up where they have not cleaned properly but these have always been ok after a quick clean and silicon grease.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back