Shower Fan, blowing air instead of sucking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a Manrose Shower Fan fitted above my shower ( Model No MF100). Installed about 8 years ago and I now realise it has never worked properly. It blows out cold air instead of "sucking". I checked in the the roof space where it is fitted that the "arrow" on the casing is pointed towards the outside wall. Can anyone please advise how this problem can be overcome.

Sponsored Links
disconnect it from the duct and turn it round.

edit

though the arrow does not make sense. perhaps the casing was assembled wrong. it looks very symmetrical. after taking off the duct, feel it with your hand to check which way it blows. verify there are no blockages in the duct, grilles or fan.

b_252F9_252Fb_252F1_252Fb9b10334853f5c305a8ded152953b348d6029b3b_mf100t_800x.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for your replies.

Eddie : The fan is connected to an Ac Supply.

John: I agree the fan is symmetrical. Early next week I'll will be able to disconnect the duct and check which is end is sucking and blowing. Hopefully it will be a matter of reversing it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back