shower fan help

230 volts in a fan ... condensation in a fan ... standing on chair to clean the front of a fan ... holding on to a pipe to steady one's self while standing on the chair.
I can but presume (hope!) that fans deemed suitable for use in bathrooms are designed so as not to become hazardous in the presence of condensation!

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
So was that a yes I can use the existing wire from the fan in the wall for the new one in above the shower??
I don't think there has really ever been any doubt that that would be OK, provided that the cable has enough cores for your new fan (a timer fan requires a 3-core+earth cable, a non-timer one only 2-core+earth) - and, of course, provided it will reach the new position.

Nearly all of the discussion in this thread has been about whether you are required to have RCD protection for the new fan, with differing interpretations of the regulations. Do you know whether the circuit concerned is already RCD protected?

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back