Shower fitting, nothing behind tile rawl plug issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Apologies not sure of this fits plumbing but I am fitting a shower.

Short version - replacing a bar shower fitting in place of an old one. The person who installed the last one made a right mess.

The tiles are mounted onto, I think some kind of plasterboard. However, my issue is that where the fitting that the 15mm pipe goes through has nothing behind because the size of hole they seem to have made in the wall when putting pipes in.

So effectively you have a tile then a cavity in a small area where i need a screw to go in. Fortunately the tile is pretty thick but it means the plug and screw have nothing to bite.

Therefore this results in the fitting pulling away from the wall when I tighten the shower fitting on to it

Therefore, any easy solution? I was thinking some kind of plasterboard type fitting that has a brace on it which would pull it against the tile?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back