Recessed shower head fittings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm a DIY'er is the first declaration :)
I recently purchased a recessed shower valve and associated kit for my new bathroom. In my wisdom I did not choose to batten out the wall, instead I chose to channel the wall and sink in everything. The rationale behind this was to save space (not hvaing to batten out the wall) and since I am having the wall tiled, both approaches mean that the pipes, etc. are equally inaccessible.

I've now boarded up the wall and used Aquapanel boards. I'm now wondering how I attach my shower heads. I have one which hangs at the top and another fitting which is required for the hand shower. Each one of these currently has an elbow behind the plasterboard which I need to screw the fittings on to. I appreciate that I need to pierce a hole in the plasterboard but it feels to me that the shower heads into be screwed on before tiling which is not preferable and I'm also wondering what will hold the weight of the shower head fittings onto the wall.

I hope this makes sense...
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Hard to comment on your exact setup given that you've not provided any make, model or photos, but generally you'd put something like this into the wall to hold the fittings
92934_P

awesome!
I've got a bent tap connector which is why I couldnt understand how I would do this...I was thinking that I would need a large hole in order to get to the nut on the fitting and then tighten on the shower head. Hope that makes sense.

The fitting you have suggested answers my question I think. Except, I now need to replace the tap connector with one of these. Presumably, once the above is in, I can hand tighten the fitting onto this from above the tiled finish? i.e. there is no need to grab this end of the fitting whilst tightening.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back