Shower head with concealed valve confusion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

OK, I'm confused. I have a shower head which fits to the wall with concealed pipework. I'm plumbing in by gaining access by removing the plaster the other side of the stud wall and here the confusion begins.

The bathroom is tiled onto Aquapanel with a total depth of 25mm, but the thread on the shower head is only 35mm long and by the time I've fitted the rubber washers and clamping nut there's no thread left to attach the water inlet!

What am I missing? There are no other components with the head and no instructions at all. Does anyone know of a solution to this? Surely I'm missing the obvious here?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMAG1405.jpg
    IMAG1405.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 119
Sponsored Links
Cut enough out of the Aquapanel at the large diameter of the back-nut to give you 10 threads on the inlet.

Sponsored Links
Rad tail extension of the appropriate length into a back plate elbow. And it can easily be tightened as it has internal hex for rad key.

IMG_2407.PNG

Last edited:
Don't know what you've done D, but your link goes on for miles mate!!! I think you've f.cked up the Internet!!

Your battery is nearly flat mate & there's two items in your checkout trolley.
Good call by the way, radiator tail extenders are better.

The size of that shower head the OP better have good fixings!!

Your battery is nearly flat mate & there's two items in your checkout trolley.
Good call by the way, radiator tail extenders are better.

The size of that shower head the OP better have good fixings!!

Yes... and neither is my doing! Can't find my charger either... kids :sick::mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back