PLEASE HELP - CONCEALED SHOWER HEAD AND VALVE FIT - HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I am installing a new bathroom suite and have bought a concealed shower valve and shower head. The wall that I want to put it on to is an internal wall and is one course brick. The valve and shower head that I have bought have not come with any fittings or instructions. Can anyone help me with what fittings I might need to fit both the shower head and valve and also whether I should be advised to put a stud wall up to increase the depth of the current wall. PLEASE HELP!![/img]

Sponsored Links
i take it its an internal wall not an external cavity wall ? which will more likely only be 4" to thin to start channeling.

Thanks for your response - Yes its an internal wall - It divides my landing and bathroom - Do you have any guidance for me!!?

most mixers need about 90mm approx depth.
so you'll need to batten and board a false wall that will take the mixer and pipework.

what is the make/model of the mixer then maybe able to locate some info for you ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I will provide this when I get home - my main concern is fitting the shower head properly because of the weight of it and also there were not any connections provided with it - do you have any advice on how you would fix this to the wall without the fear of it falling down through its weight - and if we stud the wall will that give enough space for a flush fit??

do you have any advice on how you would fix this to the wall without the fear of it falling down through its weight - and if we stud the wall will that give enough space for a flush fit??

when you know the depth of your shower mixer you can work out what depth you need your wall. allowing for thickness of your board, tile, adhesive etc then you know what battern size you need.

your showerhead arm should have a 1/2" thread on the end that will screw into a 1/2" wall plate that you have secured to a noggin in your stud wall

p4753215_x.jpg

2448129109_b9eb3bb7e3.jpg

Thanks a lot for your help and the very descriptive pictures. Could I ask - Would you be absoloutley certain that the nogin would take the weight of the arm screwed into the wall and that there would be no fear of it collapsing. Would you just use a standard peice of wood for the noggin?

yes it will hold it thats how all stud wall are.
providing you secure it properly won't be an issue your showerhead got no weight compared to a radiator etc.
just use rough sawn timber same as what your floor joists are cut from etc.

hi there i fitted very similar shower in our bathroom thats what i used was one of them that screws to wall. Found the shower mixer valve a bit of a nightmare to line up. good luck :)

edit, another tip if you cant get it to screw in the correct direction eg either over do it or not so the shower arm is upside down i used nylon washes inside the angled compression joint worked a treat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back