PLEASE HELP - CONCEALED SHOWER HEAD AND WALL PLATE ISSUE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello There - I hope someone can help

I have had a false wall fitted to conceal my new shower valve and shower head. I have fitted a wall plate that the shower head will connect to but the depth isn't going to be right for the shower arm to fully fit once on top of the tiles. Can anyone advise me on the best plumbing connection that I can screw into the wall plate to give me a bit more room to play with. I have attached a picture of the wall plate that I have screwed into my false wall and the shower arm.

Sponsored Links
You may need to recess the wallplate elbow just to give you some play mate. A wallplate elbow as you've detailed is the best thing to use as these shower outlets can be very heavy!!
HTH

Thanks Fred - Unfortunately that would mean a lot of messing with the falsewall we have.

This is why I was wondering whether there was another "male" or "female" connector that I could screw into the wall plate to extend it slightly??

Have a look at a 33291 from Toolstation fella, that might be better for you. That can be surface fitted, so you can ensure it's rock solid.
HTH

Sponsored Links
Thanks Fred

I have already installed and fixed this wall plate into my false wall. The water pipe is also connected to it. This is why I'm wondering whether there is a connection that I could screw into it to give it further length??

so in other words you fitted the wall plate to far back.

how far back is it ?
how much to short is it ?

Thanks

Correct - When I start to screw the shower arm in it gets about 0.5 to 0.75 of being tightly fitted but is still loose - This is why I thought if there was some sort of adapter that could screw into the wall plate connection it would give me the perfect and flush fit for the shower arm.

May be something like this:

Into this:

Thanks - I think you understand what I mean which is good!!

The length of that will be to big tho - I think I am looking at a max of 15mm

OK so it's too far back right??
So here's what you do; buy a 1/2" brass socket, a running parallel nipple & two locknuts, PTFE all threads, adjust as required & also then PTFE behind the locknuts face. Test well before covering............Job done!!

A 15mm x 1/2" compression to female iron coupler.
Remove the nut and olive.
That will leave you with a 1/2" male x 1/2" female BSP extension.
Screw the male end into the wallplate elbow. Apply PTFE to Loctite 55 the threads first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back