Shower Flow Rate in a Trevi Boost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having real problems in getting any kind of flow rate from the Trevi Boost Venturi shower.

Hot water head, equivalent to 1m, hot water flow rate through flushing valve, 10l/m.

Cold pressure nearly 3 bar, flow rate through flushing valve up to 60l/m.

22mm pipe serving hot and cold in, 15mm flexible to 1/2inch shower rose connection.

With a good temperature of water from the shower, flow rate is about 3l/m.

This is done by closing down the cold stopcock to acieve the required temperature.

MI state that with a flow rate of about 16l/m cold and about 10l/m hot at 65 degree hot temperature, I should expect 8l/m from the Trevi.

What could be wrong?

15mm flexible from valve to head? I could increase this to 22mm copper with a half inch connection to rose.

Is the valve faulty?

Does it need flushed?

Any suggestions gratefully received.

ps have removed check valves temporarily to get a feel for the flow rates.

JA

Sponsored Links
If you've installed according to the MIs, and it looks like you have, then he valve must be faulty.

How old is the valve?

Softus

brand new, thinking of replacing the 15mm flexible to the shower head with 22mm copper with a 1/2 inch connection to the head.

I've checked the flows without the shower rose on and they are the same so no blockage in the rose.

If the 22mm copper doesnt help, I'll check the flows again through the flushing valves, then check them individually through the shower head, hot and cold separately to see if there is a huge drop in flow rate due to the valve. Ill shut down off the water heating system to check the hot flow without fear of the hot shut down valve cutting in.

I'll get all the flow rates and then contact Trevi.

What I cant understand though is what could go wrong with the valve?

JA

Sponsored Links
johnny avocado said:
What I cant understand though is what could go wrong with the valve?
It's a thermostatic valve, so it isn't just a flow control. Also, if this is one of those in which Trevi put a temperature limiting device (which cuts flow for safety), then a faulty one could conceivably reduce the flow.

Best to do what you've already planned to do, and measure flow rates at the valve inlets.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back