Trevi Boost Shower Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Hope someone can help please

I have a Trevi Boost Venturi Shower which had a slightly reduced flow.

I've removed the boost cartridge and cleaned it but now have the following problem when reinstalled.
  • I get no hot water from the shower or the upstairs taps only cold when i try and use the shower.
  • The overflow in the loft starts running from the cold water tank which would suggest the water is being pushed back up the hot supply???
  • If i remove the boost cartridge hot water will come from the void (dependant on the cold pressure in the loft)
  • I have gate valves in the loft for both hot and cold although the hot valve is not seating completely and allows a trickle of water through which i aim to sort
Can someone offer some ideas please, would the boost cartridge be the reason for the fault

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Just to clarify if i close the cold stop cock in the loft and keep the hot water gate valve open i get extremely hot water through the shower which i thought may have shut down as the shower is supposed to close a valve when water temp reaches 45 degrees (i think)

Hi undertrained

The gate valve does seem to be working as it allows hot water through and reduces the flow to a trickle

Sponsored Links
Hi tatters, sorry I misunderstood what you were saying about the gate valve. Could be an airlock, especially if your pipes are up and over.

Is there a way of isolating just the shower? If your right about cold pushing hot, it may give you an indication about your other taps.

Last edited by a moderator:
The venturi cartridges in these shower can be very temperamental, they have a temperature limiter in the bottom of the cartridge that can sometimes become misaligned or fail which can cause the symptoms you are describing.

Basically the cold water can stopr the hot water flowing from the cylinder.

Too late now I know but servicing these cartridges are not really a diy job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back