Shower flow rate query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, wonder if i could pick your brains for a minute please.

I am about to have a Worcester 30CDI installed in my 3 bedroom terraced house, and am also taking out the existing electric shower and looking to replace this with a thermostatic mixer shower.

My question is how important is the flow rate of the shower over the flow rate of the boiler? For example the Triton Sharis is rated at 4L/min, where as the Mira discover is rated at 10L/min.

As the boiler is rated at 12.7L/min i would like to ensure that the shower i buy will give me the most from my boiler.

Any advice greatly appreciated as i really want to get this one right!

Sponsored Links
HW delivery is governed by heating power.
Electric showers are around 10kW, the combi will be 30kW, so you have 3x the flow available for the same temperature rise.

The Mira is just a valve, it'll pass whatever the boiler sends to it. You'll have a great shower, as long as your mains pressure is halfway reasonable. :D

ChirsR thanks very much for the reply.

My pressure seems pretty good, kitchen tap which is mains fed is very powerful anyway.

Back to the shower question then, is it worth me going for the Mira at 10L/Min or the Triton at 4L/min is you say it doesn't really matter as it's down to the boiler?

There is about £100 difference in price you see.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back