Shower force Turbo 2 airlock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I have a Showerforce Turbo2 shower pump which has been working fine. Needed to drain hot water system recently for another project and now I'm getting no hot water.
The pump runs and pumps cold, but when I turn shower thermostat to hot I just get a reduced flow of cold.
When I installed the pump I seem to remember I needed to bridge a couple of terminals in order to prime it. No instructions in the leaflet, I had to ask the help line. Tried speaking to Showerforce today but they've gone...
Anyone any ideas about this, specifically which terminals to bridge?
Or any other advice?
Thanks
Stephen

Sponsored Links
Try:

1. Remove shower head, put rubber washer in safe place, clean end of flexible hose.
2. Switch off shower pump.
3. Set shower output to hot only if possible.
4. Suck through flexible hose.
5. If you get some hot through, turn the pump on and it should keep running.
6. Turn off, replace washer and shower head.

Above requires acrobatic ability if you have a fixed head shower, or a wet and dry vacuum cleaner.

Thanks Oldbuffer
I didn't try your solution, but had in the meantime taken the cover off the electrics panel and spotted the two pairs of terminals for the flowswitches, which rang a few bells from when I installed the pump years ago. With fingers metaphorically crossed I shorted across one of the pairs and the pump started. Problem solved!
S

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back