Showerforce Turbo 2 not starting automatically

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a strange one and can't find a solution or fix as of yet.
so...
1. I have a showerforce Turbo 2 pump which has a gravity fed hot water.
2. The cold water is mains fed and is not going through the pump.

When I switch the shower on the pump does not start automatically, when I pinch/squeeze the outlet pipe going to the shower the pump starts and works perfectly fine until the shower is switched off, once switched off it will not automatically start again and have to pinch/squeeze the pipe again to get it going. The outlet pipe connects to a check valve which is connected to the pipe which feeds the shower.

I am confused as to why the pump will not automatically start and unsure what to check, I would rather not be out the expense of a pump.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I have a strange one and can't find a solution or fix as of yet.
so...
1. I have a showerforce Turbo 2 pump which has a gravity fed hot water.
2. The cold water is mains fed and is not going through the pump.

Not sure was here when I moved in 6 years ago
As far as I am aware that is a twin headed pump and now discontinued. Point 2 above confuses me, Is it fed via a tank? Anyway a good place to start is the filters on the incoming sides and check for debris there. The other option is the valve or whatever is fitted to tell the pump to start but at +6yrs it might be time for a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back