showerforce turbo 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i brought a showerforce turbo 2 (415-0048) and thought i might be able to plumb it in on my on. i understand how to plumb it in. just not sure how it works??

i know where it goes, i just need to know how the pump actually starts. I doesn't have any buttons on it. i believe when its plugged into the electric it does nothing.

any ideas, or is it a job for a pro!!

Sponsored Links
It has a built in switch that detects water flow and starts pump

cool, thats what i thought!!!

should be a straight forward job then.

would it be ok to have that sort of pump on bath taps which have a shower built on. because the pump would come on when using the taps but would that be ok??

Seen it done but not strictly what these are designed to do and remember because of how house is plumbed in it is likely every tap in house will bring pump on which can be noisy at wrong time of night

Sponsored Links
double pole fused 3 amp fused spur. and they recommend a rcd with a trip rating of no more than 30ma

i thought that, just someone siad it would be the same if it was a 3amp fuse. i did think i sounded wrong but would work

Just one word of caution regarding Newteam (who make Showerforce Turbo 2).
I have tried for over a month to contact them regarding a replacement filter for the pump. Their Customer Service number does not accept incoming calls (recorded message) and their Part Number does not answer.
I have also sent 3 e-mails none of which have been acknowledged let alone answered.
Not a good advert!

Mine is in the loft and is plumbed for our shower
recently it works then it doesn't

I was thinking I should replace it - like for like
then it occured to me it might have a blocked filter>??
It allows a slow shower (ie no pump action) as the tanks are in the loft
above the shower - but not much pressure
Would a blocked filter allow some flow in this instance
Where is the filter - best I take a look I guess

sorry - too many questions - couldn't believe I found a thread about it!!!
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back