Shower giving a mixed hot and cold water when i use hot watr

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys

i have a combi boiler which has central heating and water connected to it from the basement.

when I used to shower with Hot water, it used to be more or less at the same temperature throughout (hot). However now when I shower with hot water, it's hot for 20 seconds and then goes cold for 10 seconds and goes back hot and keeps repeating.

I dont know why this is? I have set the combi boiler to preheat mode, like it always was. so i dont know what the problem is??? it wasnt like this a few months ago1

hope someone can help.

Sponsored Links
can be quite a few things and most cant be repaired without opening the combustion chamber so afraid you will have to get a RGI in to check it out for you

Before narrowing it down to the boiler, is there any fluctuation when you are just running a hot tap?

Sponsored Links
yes it goes hot, and then cold for abit, back to hot again

That could be a blocked plate heat exch, among other things, but as you don't give the make model, and just call it a combi boiler what chance do we stand. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back