Shower head on Slope end of Bathtub?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help,

I have recently bought a new house that needed tons of work done and its really important for me to have bathtubs but the only place I can comfortable fit a bathtub is in the loft space and about 30cm of the bath will be inside the roof void which I am worried would obstruct headroom when sitting in it at that side. This is why Im trying to keep the slope end and shower end in the same place and to have the drain and bath filler in the middle along the long wall.

I just wanted to know if anyone has ever had their shower head on the slope end? And how it worked out?

I was considering putting the shower head in the middle of the long wall part of the bathtub, but its not really possible as the only flat part of the ceiling is the end I hoped to put the shower head.

I have put up some pics here, although its a old tub we used for guideline and nothing underneath it, no stand so will be higher than the pics when built.
//www.diynot.com/network/rosieshillam1/albums/18415

I am sory about the brown stuff in the tub, originally we used it to empty out the nasty stuff from all the old radiators :unsure:

There are two rooms:
1200 x 3100mm -smaller one where I hope to place 1500mm x 700mm bathtub (please excuse the floorplan image as the tub is a 1400 on that floor plan.) The beam that supports the roof starts at about 137cm high from the floor and is about 15cm thick

1400 x 3100mm slightly larger room where I hope to place a standard 1700 x 700mm tub. The beam that supports the roof starts at about 133cm high from the floor and is about 15cm thick

Any comments appreciated! Thanks xxx

Sponsored Links
Showering on a slope is uncomfortable and dangerous.
I have done it in a holiday home I rented it felt all wrong and quite unsafe you can’t get close enough to the shower head.
Centre outlet baths usually have a rain shower type head fitted centrally over the outlet and a suitable curtain arrangement.
Why can’t you reverse the bath and run the waste away between the legs?

I had the shower head on the slope in my old flat, it's uncomfortable and annoying. Doable but never feels right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back