Shower head pressure ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower over the bath tub upstairs in a 3 bed semi 'which I have been in for 11 months'it has 2 valves, one to turn the water on the other valve to get the right temperature, the hot water is provided by boiler which fires up when the hot is required, it's not an old boiler a valiant about 5 years old, the problem is the water pressure from the shower head is pretty awful I have tried different heads with no benifits can anyone help?

Sponsored Links
it is not water pressure it is flow rate , they are two completely different things, what is the flow rate like to the hot and cold taps in the bath ? if that is OK then it is a problem with the shower, remove the head completely and what is the flow rate like from the hose ? if it is still poor then it is a cartridge problem

Sponsored Links
The knobs that you talk about to control the flow rate and the other to control the temp , they are connected to the cartridge and if you have done the checks I suggested then this is most likely at fault, I doubt however if you could repair this yourself, it is a Possible DIY repair but I get the impression that you personaly would struggle with it, why not call out the shower doctor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back