Shower hot water not running properly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
unless kitchen sink tap hot water is kept running.

boiler is in the kitchen and it is Worcester 24dci.

what could be the reason and solution?

i would be really grateful for advices.

thanks in advance.:)

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler cycle on and off when only the shower is running? Could be a couple of things.

Firstly I'd get the boiler serviced by a recommended RGI, mention that there is an issue with the hot water to the shower. Hopefully he will be an experienced engineer and as such he should be able to fault find and identify what needs to be sorted out.

when only the shower is running (sometimes it doesnt even give hot water, ignition doesnt turn on), first it runs for a while and then ignition goes off . but when we keep the kitchen tap hot water running the ignition continues to be on.

i know i need to get an engineer but would like to have an opinion as well of what is going on and how much it will cost, how long it will take to repair.

thanks.

Last edited:
Can be a few things, might not even be the boiler, you might have a passing shower cartridge

Sponsored Links
i just noticed when the thermostat is set low kitchen hot tap doesnt work properly either.

could it be also because of a plumbing problem? but nothing has been touched about our plumbing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back