No hot water or any upstairs water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am really hoping someone can advise. Came home tonight on the hottest day of the year to find that we have no hot water at all and no water pressure upstairs. The cold kitchen sink tap is working fine but no hot water in kitchen, upstairs the hot taps don't work and the sink and bath cold tap are running very slowly with no pressure i cant get anything out of the shower at all. I would really appreciate people's advice on what i could try and suggestions of what could be wrong. I will get a plumber out pd needs be but would prefer to try and at least locate the issue first. Help please

Sponsored Links
hi, need more info in order to help.do you have a hot water cylinder and a tank in loft or do you have a combi boiler ? do you have hot water coming out kitchen tap and is kitchen on ground floor ? please answer all the above questions .

I have a combi boiler which is downstairs in the kitchen and a hot water tank in the bathroom upstairs. Kitchen is on ground floor and no hot water coming out of the tap . Thank you for getting back to me

can you take pic of hot water cylinder and boiler and post on here please. and very important ..do you have a tank in the loft. I suspect your boiler may not be a combi.

Sponsored Links
Morning we cant flush the toilet anymore , so im thinking it's a problem with the water tank in the attic? I have attached photos as requested. Thanks for your help Aimee

Attachments

• 20170620_070549.jpg
    20170620_070549.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 263
  • 20170620_070044.jpg
    20170620_070044.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 213
  • 20170620_070032.jpg
    20170620_070032.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 212
Faulty float valve in cold water storage tank in loft, go into the loft and move the float valve up and down. Does any water come out?

Andy

yes its as I thought, gravity fed system.the tank in the loft has either no water ,or you have an air lock ,probably the former. do you wish to try to sort yourself , I can talk you thru if so.

Thank you both for your advice. My dad is going to look in the attic at the water pump today and will hopefully see what the problem is. Will come back for advice if i need it thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back