Shower installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i am taking out a bath and replacing with a 1200x800 shower tray and a 1200x800 enclosure, my question is that if i place the shower tray in to the wall by 20mm then tile will my enclosure panel pertrude over the tray i am going to order but did not want to get it wrong,

Thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
There is some leeway with the size of the frame, but without precise dimensions from the manufacturer, we can't be sure.

Hi dextrous, Thanks for the info, will have to look a bit more into eclosures i was going for the tipica sliding door,

Thankyou

It depends on your shower tray- check the instructions if you have them. Believe it or not, some shower trays are installed after tiling. The best way is to literally stand the enclosure on top of the tray first to see how much leeway you have. There is normally enough tolorence within the wall profiles.

Sponsored Links
It depends on your shower tray- check the instructions if you have them. Believe it or not, some shower trays are installed after tiling. The best way is to literally stand the enclosure on top of the tray first to see how much leeway you have. There is normally enough tolorence within the wall profiles.

My guess here is that the op hasn't sufficient space to drop the tray into and thus has to embed it into the wall at one end.

It's a pretty good guess as it's the only logical reason for the question, as long as we credit op with enough intelligence to offer the two up, then we must assume he is restricted for space and his real question is; "will it fit into the space I have"?

Or he/she's just short of intelligence and asks questions rather than thinking.

Hi all thanks for the replys, the reason for my question was i wanted to make sure that is was a standard fit for a 1200x800 shower tray and a 1200x800 enclosure before i ordered them as i have heard that some trays and enclosures dont match.

Thanks

Hi all thanks for the replys, the reason for my question was i wanted to make sure that is was a standard fit for a 1200x800 shower tray and a 1200x800 enclosure before i ordered them as i have heard that some trays and enclosures dont match.

Thanks

A shower tray is exactly 1200x800 at the perimeter, and enclosures are designed to allow it to be fitted right the way to this perimeter, give or take a bit. Just fitted a semi-frameless one from wickes, reasonable price and quality - may be worth a visit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back