Where can I buy offset (curved) Shower tray plinth?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought shower enclosure W1200 x D800 mm.
It is an offset "right hand" shower tray where it curved round one of the edge.

as picture shown:
click here

However, the tray is only 100mm thick, and the waste cannot go all the way into the floorboards, therefore i need to raise it up to enable to fit the waste trap.

My question is where can i find an offset (curved) 1200x800 plinth for the shower tray? I asked the shop where i bought the tray from, and they don't have it... could anyone know where?

many thanks, and happy new year to all!

Sponsored Links
I used to use fascia board...I think most plumbers do

I use the UPVC facia as well, fix with a few screws & plastic caps for access to the trap if needed & seal the top edge with sanitary silicon.

Jason

Sponsored Links
Thanks,

Is UPVC easy to bend? cos I need to make it curve as well. :confused:

This is why I wont deal with shower trays which dont have legs, it's all expensive time wasting hassle, it's time they banned the damn things, diy idiots cutting 4" out of joists to get a fall on waste pipes, no access to the trap, expensive marine ply bases, bedding on sand and cement, no proper way of levelling, no panel to finish off with, what twaat designed them in the first place.

I used some Polystyrene/Perspex 1.5mm thick sheet. from www.hindleys.co.uk
Really cheap and easy to do, coz we have chrome fittings in the bathroom I used Mirror finished polystyrene sheet, cut it with scissors and silicone sealed it in place with clear silicon mastic, cos its so thin it curves to shower tray shape, whatever shaped and as never failed. I f you need to get to the trap, you just peel away silicon and replace afterwards.

Vern, it's easy to bend, I've even used it to line the reveal of a 500mm diameter port hole window with the help of a hair drier.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back