SHOWER installing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a couple of queries on a new shower I am putting in. Its a MIRA euroloux without the upstand, 900mm quadrant.

First up - I may need to make a plinth to make this shower higher so I can plumb a waste in. How di you shape MDF or other material thats suitable for use with a shower into a 1/4 circle ? The previous shower was square and so 2 pieces of MDF worked. Mira dont make a plinth for this particular one. Any ideas ?

Second - I might avoid the plinth above if I can put a trap in. I have floorspace but the 15cm soil pipe is in there. Whats the minumum clearance allowed for a waste pipe above the soil pipe. Bear in mind I have a toilet 1/2m away upstream. Can I drop the trap into the floorspace and put a new hole in the soil pipe at a lower level ? If so how do I block the old boss to the soil pipe for the old shower ?

Third - Is there a special low line trao that I can use, or could I site the trap further away ? Of course I want to get access to the trap to clean it, so could I put the trap in, run waste parallel to the soil pipe and then hook into the soil pipe but a lot further down, say where it goes in to the ground floor ?

TX

Howard

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back