Shower Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To all,
I am an amatuer that enjoys troubleshooting but this has me stumped.
Have 50 gallon gas hot water heater set at 135...(was set at 120 a month ago but I turned it up) My only shower in the house has a delta monitor 1700 single handle valve. I am getting hot water but then every 30 - 40 seconds the water becomes cool enough that I need to turn the hot up a bit...to fix the problem I replaced the valve which helped ever so slightly. It gets worse as the outside temp goes down but thats a newer issue. Shower is about 5 years old and last year is when this started to happen. I have valve set at the hottest temp. After one 10 minute shower the water doesnt get hot again for about 30 minutes. At every other faucet in the house I seem to have plenty of hot water even after a shower. Any ideas on how to trouble shoot this issue would be most appreciated.
Thanks much

Lemmon

Sponsored Links
Also, when I check the water temp out of the faucet (not the shower head) at full hot I get very close to 130 degrees.

Thanks
Lemmon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back