Shower Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton T80Si electric shower and have noticed that it has developed a leak (cold water running down shower wall). On closer inspection it seems to be at the point where the feed pipe joins the shower inlet valve. The piping there is copper and doesn't seem to be loose that I can see. As I am not that well versed on what the setup is within these what could possibly be causing the leak? Would there be some rubber rings inside which may have been affected by wear and tear? Or might it be that the pipe connectors need periodic tightening?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I tried this but as I mentioned before they were as tight as they could be. Still seems to be some water dribbling out, though now am not sure it is only the inlet pipe connector. Are there any seals within these?

There's an overpressure blowoff on the output which causes a dribble fromthe box when it's on, but there's nothing which normally makes them leak when they're off.

Sponsored Links
Ah sorry, I should make this clearer. The leak only occurs when the shower is on. When the shower is off there is no leakage. I naturally assumed that when the shower was on, the pump was drawing water up and so there would be a flow available to leak.
Is this leakage normal then? It hasn't occurred up until now and it seems to be more than a dribble/trickle. Is there some sort of pressure issue then with the shower?
thanks

http://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/index.php3

Try the above link for fault diagnosis-you can order spare parts for the T80si if you fancy a go at repairing it. Sometimes more cost-effective tho' to buy a new shower.
They don't make the T80si any more as such but they still sell it (at Argos) under the Triton name but it is called the 'Zante'-it is exactly the same shower-fitted one the other week. Cheaper than the old T80si aswell.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back