Shower leaking on all joints after refitting heating element

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Triton Electric shower and live in a VERY hard limescale area.

I took the shower apart and took out the heater element to descale it.

I have put it all back together but the joints on the inlet valve, stabilising valve and solenoid valve are all leaking water.

I have dried them all off and put Vaseline on the o-rings but it just keeps leaking water when reassembled.

Can anyone recommend any solutions?

Many thanks

UPDATE: Here's a link to the shower diagram internalshttp://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/media/1415284/caselona 3.pdf

Sponsored Links
I have a Triton Electric shower and live in a VERY hard limescale area.

I took the shower apart and took out the heater element to descale it.

I have put it all back together but the joints on the inlet valve, stabilising valve and solenoid valve are all leaking water.

I have dried them all off and put Vaseline on the o-rings but it just keeps leaking water when reassembled.

Can anyone recommend any solutions?

Many thanks

Throw it away and get a new one,

They are basically "throw away" items these days.

Sponsored Links
Any recommendations where? Been to B&Q and they have o rings slightly smaller and slightly larger than what i want.

Thanks

O rings for these showers don't come in a service kit like a mixer shower does.

I've had mine a year though and it just needed descaling. The issue is the o-rings by the looks of it.

Its quite simple to take it apart and clean, obviously putting it back together is the issue :)

Are these things not a standard size?

From the very edges the o-rings measure 16/17mm but Screwfix/Toolstation don't seem to have any specific rings that size. They are 13mm internally

Not a plumber here. But I just had a rummage through the assortment of o-rings in my toolbox and have an o-ring that is about that size (the outer diameter seems closer to 18mm). It came in a pack of Assorted O Ring 3/32" from Wickes.

There's only one of that size in the pack, so you'd need two of those packs (product code 420022) http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/420022

Perhaps worth a look if you have one nearby.

You should not use vaselene on the sealing rings.

Silicone grease used sparingly perhaps as its inert.

I find Triton products as the most unreliable. I fitted one of their shower pumps and it lasted just four days!

Triton were not very helpful about it and that lost me £150 and two hours to fit another make on a Saturday. I have avoided all Triton products ever since!

It seems odd to me that they don't want to keep professionals happy!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back