Shower losing flow rate due to buildup on filter

Sponsored Links
I'm still not convinced it's limescale and as said, this is a common phenomenon with megaflops! I'd stop using the solar for a while and see if it stops. Get the shower valve flushed through with the cartridges and filters out and collect the contaminant in a sieve so you have plenty of sample to test. The flushing alone might do the trick. Next along, I'd be removing the immersion and having a good look!

Don't rush into a softener try an electrolytic filter on the incoming pipe it seems you've got soft limescale so the filter may cope.I've had a bit of success with these in the past.Bob

So after about 24 hours in kettle descaler it was unaffected. Not really sure what to do now. It’s still forming on the sink strainer. I’ve got someone trying to see if there is a blockage on the shower pipe work so I guess I will go from there.

Sponsored Links
So shower is working again. The flow for the hot water was poor and it was fixed when he found another filter dedicated to the hot feed and removed that. Said there wasn’t anything obviously on the filter by the time it was removed but it did solve the problem. Strange that there is a hidden filter along with the filter I’ve cleaned on the thermostat valve. The filter once removed wasn’t easy to put back in so it’s been left out.

I’m assuming a sensible thing would be to add a filter at the Megaflow which is easy to access and stops individual taps etc getting blocked. Does anyone have any advice on that?

I still have this buildup of white material on the filters of the shower and tap which don’t seem to react to descaler and I’m not really sure what to do about that.

Until someone can prove otherwise, it's megaflo issue with expansion diaphragm/baffle/whatever!

Even though Megaflo Mrs says it is not?

Got the exact same issue with a customer's Megaflo and substance being deposited looks identical... With it being known issue with these cylinders and stuff's not dissolving in killrock etc then can't see what else it would be!

Hi, please answer me as I have the same problem with my combi waterflow, I know this post is from 2019 and I hope you see it as I don't know what to do. How did you fixed your problem? Have you find out what was the white build up ? I had to change my shower and cleaned that white stuff like 3 times, all of the sudden appeared.
Thank you so.much , I really hope you will answer me.

In the end a plumber removed a filter from the hot water feed to the shower and I've not had issues since. Never determined the cause. We do get a lot of limescale round here but it never acted like limescale is supposed to in vinegar so I don't know what it was sorry. Someone recently told me the local water company were testing a similar problem for him so might be worth checking if they would check a sample.

Hi, please answer me as I have the same problem with my combi waterflow, I know this post is from 2019 and I hope you see it as I don't know what to do. How did you fixed your problem? Have you find out what was the white build up ? I had to change my shower and cleaned that white stuff like 3 times, all of the sudden appeared.
Thank you so.much , I really hope you will answer me.

And have you called upon the services of a plumber? Or are you trying to avoid that?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back