Shower Mixer Doesn't Cut Off Hot Water When Turned Off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need your help please guys.
Friend of mine has a mixer shower that he bought 2-3 years ago, make unknown. About 12 months ago it stopped cutting off the hot water when he turned off the shower. I've popped round to check it out, and I suspect it can be fixed, hence my plea to you guys !
I have a picture of the innards, which I am attempting to load.
Many thanks in advance.
[URL=http://img411.imageshack.us/my...eshack.us/img411/8720/spa0008cd8.th.jpg[/img][/url]

Sponsored Links
Sorry, not a very good description ! The right hand-side as you look at it has what looks to be a shut-off valve. The plastic internals seem to have some form of pressure shut-off (?), and my guess is that there are some rubber seals or similar in thre that I can replace, but obviously with my utter lack of knowledge on what's going on I'm loath to dive right in.

Sponsored Links
Email showerdoc.com. They'll probably
a)recognise it and
B) sell you a reurb kit

It's a venturi shower, the old Croydex one. I don't think you can get it, or parts, anymore. You might want to look at replacement venturi showers - only two on the market, the Treviboost and the New team Jetstream.

Thanks Chris - that may also explain why they are having trouble with the temperature, since they have a combi. Mystery solved - nice one!

Many thanks....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back