shower mould

roughcaster

I dont know if you tile but 90 per cent of my work is via reccomendation.
Your ignorance will be your downfall

I do tile, and plaster and roughcast, and render etc etc and have done for years. My work comes from recommendation too. But just because I don't know of a product that can make bodged up floor grout look good, means nothing to me, i've never needed to buy it. If a jobs done right in the first place, it shouldn't require extra expense. The downfall of anyone is bad workmanship, and secondly, thinking you know it all.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
Roughcaster

I wish more people were like you and took pride in their work. You are quite right, it should be done correctly the first time of asking. The product i was refering to is called Aquamix Eff ex which removes the effloresence as described. Seeing is believing.

gcol

Its fine you suggesting i talk drivel. Its you living in a by gone age. I certainly dont know it all as i learn something everyday as this industry keeps changing at a rate of knots. If you want to live with your head in the sand and give incorrect advice by not changing with the times so be it. But i can back up my claims with one of the industrys leading lights who will pretty much tell you what i have. Would you like a phone number and name? if you do, best order that humble pie now.

Jase,
Thank you for giving me the name of the product, Aquamix Eff ex. It is good to know these products exist, just in case. As I said in an earlier post to you, I have done tiling,( kitchens,bathrooms,floors) for a good number years and have always been happy with the end results. From one job comes another, as you said,recommendation. I would call myself a Plasterer/tiler etc in that order. You are a tiler, and would do that job every day. So you are more of a tiler than I am. You have a LOT to offer this site. But on here are a lot of other experienced tilers too. Each of them expressing an opinion in answering a post. What we try to do, is read each others post in a civil way, agree with them and add extra advice if we think it's relavant, or on the other hand, disagree with them and say why. We never get personal. It's always in good spirit. There are no prizes to be won on here. I reckon you are a good tradesman, and as I said earlier, you will have a lot of experience and good advice to offer this site that's for sure. We all get on pretty well here, and there is no bad feeling amongst us. So just chill a bit Jase, drop the petty arguing/remarks, and join the gang,your most welcome, and it's your turn to put the kettle on. ;)

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
gcol
Its fine you suggesting i talk drivel.
I'm glad you appeciate that.

Its you living in a by gone age.
Really, how so?

I certainly dont know it all as i learn something everyday
Ah bless.

as this industry keeps changing at a rate of knots.
Would you care to explain that?

If you want to live with your head in the sand and give incorrect advice by not changing with the times so be it.
You really think that's the case? If so why not start a poll and see what the consensus thinks about that?

But i can back up my claims with one of the industrys leading lights who will pretty much tell you what i have. Would you like a phone number and name?
What claims do you wish to back up? When posting your repy, please feel free to post your "contact" details and we'll take it from there.

..if you do, best order that humble pie now.
It's not often I eat humble pie, but I'm prepared to eat a slice if proved wrong. Please step up and try provide me with a slice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back