Shower - Multi Panel backing and bottom seal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I intend fitting Multi Panel in a shower cubicle.
http://www.multipanel.co.uk/

The manufacturer state that it would be okay to stick onto brick wall and stud partition wood battens.

I would prefer a backing board for sound proofing and insulation.
Previously there was plasterboard on stud wall with fibre insulation between the partition and tiled finish.

What type of board would be best fitted between the stud wall and the multi panel shower wall?

A special seal is available from Multi Panel for between the bottom of the panels and the shower tray.
Has anyone any experience of fitting these types of seal?
Where these seals are mitred at the corners and where they meet the shower door, they would be susceptible to leaks.
Is it not better to fit a spacer between the panels and the shower base, whilst fitting the panels, then filling the gap with mastic?

Your thoughts please? Thanks.
:D

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info.

What do you use to replace any plasterboard which has been removed prior to installing replacement wet wall type board?

My shower is 3 sided.
On one side I shall place it directly onto the plasterboard of an outside wall.
On the other 2 walls, I've to decide what to put on a stud wall before putting the wet wall in place.

Sponsored Links
stud wall out with m.r. plasterboard, then apply the boards with the supplied grab adhesives,wee tip.. is to score the back of wall panels in places so you have a key for the grab adhesive. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back