Shower on/off button

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, is it possible to have a standard concealed shower set inside the shower, but with an on/off button on the outside?

I don’t want a digital shower & don’t I want the controls outside the shower - just after a simple on button.

Is this set up possible? What product? Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I think Hansgrohe make something like that, but you'll be looking at the thick end of £1000 for such a setup. What's your objection to digital showers?

Ouch! I want the shower control to match wall mounted basin & wall mounted bath controls.. and I’m guessing less to go wrong with standard controls too.

Do grohe do any sort of set up? I can see Grohe & Mira do remotes & start buttons but would they be compatible in this set up? It’s all first fix stage so can run pipe work/cables

thanks

Sponsored Links
Start/stop buttons would only be able to have to interface to an electronic/digital controller, only way it could work (they're usually a low voltage electrical or wireless switch on/switch off control).

Anything else, say in the case of a concealed, non electrical mechanical shower valve would need to have a remote mechanical valve to physically turn the water on and off to it. Wouldn't be very pretty/sleek and it probably wouldn't be an out of the box solution, rather a bespoke setup.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back