Shower panels + Marmox + Tanking = Overkill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am going to be creating a shower enclosure with shower panels. They are 10mm PVC, and are tongue and grove between panels and an aluminium corner profile. Under the shower tray will be 18mm marine ply. There will be two panels on one wall, and one on the other, so a single t+g connection, plus the corner profile.

I was originally going to use standard plasterboard for the walls, tanked with Everbuild Aquaseal.

However, I am now considering using 12.5mm Marmox boards for the walls (on battens with 300mm centres, noggins at joins), and also laying Marmox boards on the floor between the tray and the marine ply.

I am just wondering if panels + marmox + tanking + marmox under the tray is overkill, and what the best mix would be.

Any thoughts from you folks would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I'd say it's definitely overkill but you'll be guaranteed no water damage from any weeping through the t & g joints.
If you've got the budget for it, do it- you'll get some thermal gains as well ( Marmox boards have a decent R value).

Any reason you have opted for the PVC panels? I am doing a bit of research for the new bathroom and I just like as much information as possible.

I have been looking at the solid boards either Plywood or MDF with a laminate. Seen a few here https://showerpaneldepot.co.uk/ - not sure if anyone has used them before?

Have you done your project yet?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back