Shower power drop

securespark said:
We need the euro to compete fairly in the union.

Oh my dog! (Chanting) Simon is a Europhile, Simon is a...

... next you'll be saying you believe in free speech, sandals and not smacking children. We're all doomed, I tell ya!

:LOL:

Sponsored Links
I believe in free speech, and the right to smack any non-children who still wear sandals.

Is this OK?

I believe in free speech (TB is a total w*nker).

I hate sandals, don't read the Grauniad (too many speling mistsaks), and I don't smack my kids (or shout at them).
It is counter-productive, and Positive Parenting is a much better solution.

Praise when it is due, and when you ask them to do something, you ask once nicely, once firmly, then if they don't comply, time out in a closed room, one minute for every year of age.

And stickers for good behaviour with a treat at the end of the day if so many stickers are amassed.

Shouting and smacking make them believe that you don't love them, regardless of what you say to them.

It's also a bit hypocritical, shout/smack one minute, hug the next.

Believe me, I used to be a shouter/smacker so I know. I've reformed my approach and it works fantastically well.

Shower power to parent power ... via Maggie Tone and the EU !!

Guess this means if we employ one of these sparks, he'll probably finish up doing the gardening or baby sitting !!

Sponsored Links
whilst reviewing this post my firewall has just piped up with a critical attack it stopped: [Suspicious Activity] This event looks for an overflow in a UDP packet with a destination port 1434 and the SQL Slammer Worm return address. from the Address: IP: 67.174.56.109
DNS: c-67-174-56-109.client.comcast.net .
Anyone had experience of an attack from this address?

found out more info on attack:
Event description

The SQL Slammer worm, also known as W32/SQLSlam-A, Sapphire, New SQL, Worm.SQL, and Helkern, propagates by exploiting a buffer overflow vulnerability in the Resolution Service in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or Microsoft Desktop Engine (MSDE) 2000 installations. The main function of the Slammer worm is to continue propagation. No Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) or backdoor functionality is incorporated into the worm. Infection can be removed with a reboot, however without protection in place, it is likely that vulnerable servers will be quickly re-infected.

The Slammer worm loads Kernel32.dll and WS2_32.dll and then calls GetTickCount, which is used as a seed for a random IP address routine. This routine then continuously sends 376 bytes of exploit and propagation code across port 1434/UDP until the SQL Server process is shut down. The Slammer worm does not prefer to scan local subnet addresses like the Nimda worm. This will limit the speed of propagation across local networks, but this scanning method generates large amounts of traffic that can overwhelm networks.

The Slammer worm seeks to replicate itself and does not try to further compromise servers or retain access to compromised hosts. The Slammer worm does not infect or modify files, it only exists in memory. For more information refer to Internet Security Systems Security Alert, January 25, 2003. See References.

Note: The Slammer worm may also affect Cisco CallManager version 3.3(x), Cisco Unity versions 3.x and 4.x, and Cisco Building Broadband Service Manager versions 5.0 and 5.1, which incorporate the use of either SQL Server 2000 or MSDE 2000.

Although it doesn't sound too dangerous, I would say
if this server is infected by this worm/virus then i'd advise all contributors/diy'ers to virus check their systems asap.

It has been known for me to hold a screaming naked baby while the householder runs around looking for wipes/nappies. Or even to help change a baby's bum......

You have to be versatile in the noughties, you know....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back