Shower Pressure / Temp Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since yesterday, when the shower is switched on, it started running too cold from the setting it has been on. When the temperature is turned up the water gets hotter but the flow of water slows the more you increase it.

I realise that this is probably some kind of pressure problem yet nothing in the house has changed and no taps or appliances are being used at the same time.

Any help or advice would be great thanks.

Sponsored Links
It will be colder as the incoming main is colder, so you will have to turn the thermostat up a bit.
As for the flow, you will get a reduced flow the hotter water you require due to it heating up inside the heat exchanger.
Obviously if it is extremely slow, you could need a new thermostat or have a blocked feed. :(

Thanks Bahco, it is a problem that has just started and not your normal reduced flow due to cooler temperatures.

Is it worth getting a new thermostat fitted or would it be more economical to get a new shower ?? How do I check whether the feed is blocked ??

For what it's worth when the water is cold it flows fine. Their have also just been 2 new houses built next to mine, could this have an effect on the pressure to mine, though the hot taps in the house work the same as always. I suppose I've just answered my own question :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back