shower pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have just replaced Aqualisa shower with hand held head only (that worked fine), with a traditional rain can riser system 8" fixed head and handset performance is very poor . water only flows out of half the jets in fixed head and hand held is useless. still have another Aqualisa shower in bathroom which is fine,big water tank 1m above so pressure is ok thanks in advance

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/shower-pressure.359422/#ixzz2OxYYEokx

Sponsored Links
This thread and first post has as much info as your last effort, which is why no-one replied first time round.
Did you have a mixer shower? Or a small hand spray head from the bath taps stuck on the wall?
Do you now have a thermostatic mixer valve with diverter? With a large fixed head? And a hand spray head?
Or same bath tap mixer with riser plumbed in to rain head?
With 1m of gravity head for hot and cold water to shower head?
:eek:
Photo please.

original shower was thermo mixer with hand spray head only. new one thermo mixer with diverter, 8" fixed head and hand held spray head. 1m of gravity head for hot and cold. flow to hand held has improved by changing hose to 11mm bore.

Sponsored Links
Make/model of your new shower? Though to be honest, with 1m head, I'm not surprised an 8" can is cr@p, almost certainly needs a pump installing

Make/model of your new shower? Though to be honest, with 1m head, I'm not surprised an 8" can is cr@p, almost certainly needs a pump installing
thanks any recommendations
been looking at a salamander ct50 or rsp 50 pump as it comes with 15mm connections which is what feeds to shower are run in. can i get away with not installing an S flange ? regards colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back