shower problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a shower to replace the old one has hot&cold running into it & electric cable as well and she says there's no double pole switch I've seen a photo which confirms this but hav'nt been to her house yet

Sponsored Links
What are the symptoms of the plumbing or central heating problem that you need to solve?

What are the symptoms of the plumbing or central heating problem that you need to solve?
There's no problem with centre heating,but I want to replace the shower with like for like but haven't seen anything remotely like it.When the showeri s turn on the combi fires up so it got me wondering why its got electricity running into the shower box?

That's the kind of thing that would happen if someone replaced your boiler without checking what kind of shower unit it was, and if the shower happens to have been designed to pump and mix gravity supplies.

Who knows? I certainly don't, because you're keeping the details of the boiler and shower a closely-guarded secret.

Perhaps I'm being picky, but you haven't declared the problem with the shower either.

Sponsored Links
That's the kind of thing that would happen if someone replaced your boiler without checking what kind of shower unit it was, and if the shower happens to have been designed to pump and mix gravity supplies.

Who knows? I certainly don't, because you're keeping the details of the boiler and shower a closely-guarded secret.

Perhaps I'm being picky, but you haven't declared the problem with the shower either.
The name of the shower is called a compac 1000 there's its not gravity fed but runs off the mains(cold water that is)and the hot runs from the combi.At present its broken it only runs cold or luke warm so it sounds like the thermomstat gone.It would be easier to replace a part or get the same or simlar model.It was install in 2000 so it not ancient.

The name of the shower is called a compac 1000
I've never heard of it, and nor has Google.

there's its not gravity fed but runs off the mains(cold water that is)and the hot runs from the combi.
When was "the combi" installed?

At present its broken it only runs cold or luke warm so it sounds like the thermomstat gone.
How have you come to the conclusion that it has a thermostat?

It would be easier to replace a part or get the same or simlar model.It was install in 2000 so it not ancient.
To replace a part you'll need to know the make or the supplier, both of which are a mystery to anyone reading this topic.

Since this isn't your shower, and since you seem to have little idea of how to go about diagnosing the problem, I can't invest in your project, and, for that reason, I'm out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back