Shower problems (still!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Some of you might have seen my earlier post regarding a negative head pump. Now that is sorted, i now find that the shower is draining far too slow sometimes causing overflowing onto tiled floor.
I originally had a adjustable shower tray on legs and have changed it for a slimline resin unit. The trap/waste is in 40mm dia and runs approximately 2 metres straight into the soil stack. The fall is the same on both trays but the difference is that the original had a running trap and the new one has a normal shower trap. Can anybody suggest where the problem may lie and what if anything i can do to fix it?
Where the shower waste enters the stack, the stack went vertically up through roof. The stack was shortened to just under vanity unit work top and a AAV inserted. It was put at correct height above basin trap so hopefully that is not the problem. Floor been cement boarded and tiled!

Gary.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back