Shower problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have fitted a mixer shower, the thermostat knob with the red button is on the right, bit behind it is a blue dot to intimate cold feed.

My supplier told me that they were marked wrong.

So hot into right side cold into left side looking at valve, but opposite to blue and red dots.

Works fine controls hot water temo ok, but lately I have to shake and knock the pump to make it work.

Replaced pump this week still same.

Had a look at another valve marked the same as mine, so I changed feeds hot to red cold to blue, getting cold only.

1. which is right way.
2. Why do I have to kick the pump into motio.

any help please

Sponsored Links
bought it off e bay, been working great up to a couple of weeks back, then pump would not start unless shaken, if i put feeds in as it is marked, get no hot through

feeds are useally hot to left cold to right.
have you checked the filters in the pump or rear of mixer aren't blocked ?

Sponsored Links
dont think thier blocked as it works great once it starts and the pump is new, what about non return valves on the outlet side of the pump

thank you for the reply,

it has the valve, then a solid pipe up to the fixed shower head, it also has a diverter in the pipe where you can divert the flow to a hand held shower head, if this is opened it some times starts, if not shake the pump

sounds like theirs not enough flow on gravity to kick the pump flow switches in.

how longs it been installed from new till it started to play up ?

all fitted in november, the pump is next to the hot tank, on the floor, fed from the top, the cold feed comes from the attic directly out of the storage tank.

Worked fine till about a couple of weeks ago, does not happen all the time.

where do the pipes go from the pump to shower, back up in loft of up then through the wall ?

have you any bleed valves on the outlets from pump at the highest points before they go back down to under floor ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back