Shower problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Afternoon people. i have read the forum for some time now and normally find the answer from reading old posts but this one has me stumped.

I have installed a new bathroom and fitted a thermostatic mixer shower but have now found that my hot water pressure is cr4p to say the least.

Every time the cold is even slightly on it over takes the hot a becomes extremely cold.

My question is can i fit a single propeller pump to just the hot water to just feed the shower as i am sure the cold is mains feed?

Any help would be great thanks,

Sponsored Links
Not sure

I have a boiler in the kitchen, a hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard and cold water tank in the loft ?

Boiler was put in about 6 years ago but the rest is older.

Any help,

Cheers

That wont work youve got mains pressure cold and a low head of hot water.

You need to fit a pump rigged up to pump both the hot and cold.

Sponsored Links
So can i put a twin propeller in and connect hot and cold?

Or would i be better scratching the whole lot and putting in a mains feed electric shower?

cheers

I am neither spark or plumber but if I can't put the pump directly under the bath near the shower then an electric one maybe easyer as it was what was in before.

The pump would need to go in the airing cupboard. A new electric shower would need the services of an electrician to install new cable from your consumer unit to the shower, you probably won't be able to use what was there before.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back