Shower pump in loft

ikb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a Salamander pump and there is absolutely no way it can be installed by the hot water cylinder - it is going to have to go in the loft - among other things the diagram for this type of installation requires that both hot & cold outlet pipes have air vents ... Does this mean that they just have a high level pipe which is open at the top (like the hot water cylinder) or is there a valve that needs to be fitted to each run? Forgive me if it is a stupid question but I can't understand how if would work without some sort of valve - once you turn the pump on surely water will come out of an open pipe even if it is a lot higher than the junction to the shower itself? :confused:

Sponsored Links
Most shower pumps are not really suitable for loft installation. Shower pumps want to 'push' the water and not 'pull' it. Check M I's and stick to them ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back